Forums

Topic: Push Square Podcast

Posts 221 to 240 of 306

LieutenantFatman

Which genre would you like to see more of on PS4? Including genres which are absent.

LieutenantFatman

Anchorsam_9

How much effort do you put into a game you want to like - but aren't enjoying - until you give up?

Anchorsam_9

Twitter:

BenTarrant

Thanks for the questions so far folks!

If any of you are on Twitter, we set up an account just for the podcast and we'd love it if you could give it a follow.

@pushsquarepod

Thanks!

BenTarrant

PSN: InElegance | Twitter:

Kidfried

Can't wait till I can listen it tomorrow morning! Have to do a presentation tomorrow and can use this as a boost.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

BenTarrant

Hi guys! We'll be needed some questions for the LAST EPISODE OF 2016. Can you believe we're 20 episodes deep?

We'll be taking some time off after EP20 for Christmas and returning with a special episode in the new year to make up for our absence. In the meantime, get your questions in and thanks for any and all contributions. Have a wonderful Christmas.

BenTarrant

PSN: InElegance | Twitter:

Victor_Meldrew

Pretty standard question... which games are you most looking forward to playing this holiday?

Victor_Meldrew

DerMeister

What are your favorite Christmas (or holiday, whichever) themed events from video games?

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Fight_Teza_Fight

Hey guys needed something to listen to on my morning run...turns out the PushSquare podcast really gets my motor going

Keep it up. Going to go back & listen to some of the ones I missed. Any recommendations?

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

themcnoisy

Just wanted to say thanks Ben, Ben and Robert for the podcasts. I dont usually listen to podcasts owing to my super busy life, but in the case of the pushsquare podcast I've made an exception. I've listened to every episode and think they are awesome! Have a great new year lads.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Bigkopman

Question: Do you think Sony will finally cave into allowing free backwards compatibility like Microsoft as opposed to having the PS Now service?

https://card.exophase.com/2/0/40863.png?1570923228
https://card.psnprofiles.com/2/Bigkopman.png

PSN: Bigkopman | Twitter:

BAMozzy

@Bigkopman: I can honestly say that I can not see Sony allowing BC like MS at all. PS Now is more lucrative and is also available across other platforms - my Smart TV has a PS Now app for example. Sony made such a point of ensuring that the Pro had exactly the same hardware as the PS4 just to run all PS4 game without problems and the original PS3 had the PS2 chipset built into it to offer Backwards Compatibility that I think it would be too costly and lose some avenue (PS Now subscriptions) of revenue for Sony.

I think it also may hamper them in moving forward too. Limit them to using specific hardware instead of giving Sony the freedom to be totally creative with their new console. By that I mean totally free to use what CPU/GPU and architecture they want without having to worry about how Old games may run.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Bigkopman

I agree, but the price is too high for now and according to Microsoft, some 50% of Xbox 1 owners are playing 360 games. I would never use Now unless the price was acceptable and I personally don't know anyone who uses it. I still have my PS3 and I will happily buy a remaster if it's justified but I can't help but feel jealous that me/us PS4 owners are without this option.

Tasuki

@Bigkopman: While I don belive that some people are playing 360 games on the Xbox One, I am wondering if that number is as high as they claim. After all that's one of the few things that the Xbox One can gloat over the PS4.

For me honestly backwards compatibility has never been a reason I get a new system. I dont know why people put so much emphasis on it nowadays and I feel the point of new technology is to move forward not backward or stay the same. If I want to play 360 games I have my 360 for that, I don't buy a One or PS4 to play last gen games.

Not to sounds like an old timer here and start with the back in my day but yeah back in my day we didn't care that the SNES couldn't play NES games or the Saturn couldn't play Sega CD games. Now though people go all crazy if say the current gen can't play last gen games. I am not sure where that started or why but people just confuse me.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

themcnoisy

@Tasuki: Probably wrong place for this bc discussion, could be worth its own thread. But BC has always been a big deal just take a look at the history of the commodore Amiga for that. Yes you buy systems for new games, but BC is such a draw especially when the games in question are Halo Reach, Mass Effect Trilogy, Bioshock, Lost Odyssey, Burnout Paradise etc. These are not just games, the are pillars of gaming excellence, best in class some might say. The budgets and crafting of these games is usually unparalleled even today other than the big AAA annual franchises.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Tasuki

@themcnoisy: You're right not sure how this thread got derailed but yeah I think that's enough derailing for now.

Let's get back to the topic at hand.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Bigkopman

Question: What's your thoughts on the recent poor sales for the AAA titles (Battlefield 1, Titanfall 2, COD,etc) building up to Xmas, to the point that their prices were slashed within weeks of being on sale and could this influence future Pre-orders and pricing?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.