Forums

Topic: PS4 Destiny Meet Up Thread

Posts 561 to 580 of 671

Its_badW0lf

@mrobinson91: Nah, the glitching screwed everything up mate. We took Atheon down in one go too last time didn't we?

You and what army?

PSN: its_badW0lf

Its_badW0lf

Coolio! @ZeroXyko14: Grab your 3 of coins and we'll get it done tonight a few times, got 5 keys that are still to be used up, we can even try Skolas if we're feeling lucky! What say you @mrobinson91: ?

Even if you don't have any 3oC, you get a ton of Strange coins guaranteed, and maybe even some legacy exotics for the collection, some with Y2 upgrades!

Edited on by Its_badW0lf

You and what army?

GRIFFEN14

@ShogunRok: Damn Bungie screwed me over with this No Time To Explain quest. Guess I have to wait for the next time Paradox is the daily heroic for it to even trigger even though the rest of the quest isn't related to it

GRIFFEN14

PSN: GRIFFEN14

Its_badW0lf

@GRIFFEN14: Told you it could be a week! Unfortunate for you really. The weapon is super cool, I'm still trying to max it to get the free precision shots back, but it handles so good.

You and what army?

Its_badW0lf

Also, did the raid last night and was so bloody underwhelmed by the loot. At most points got shards, any loot I received I already got, minus the raid gauntlets, which I received 2 of them, one at 300 and the other at 303. Both my arm gear is 310. No new weapons whatsoever, got the shoddy auto riffle at worse roll and light level. 20 shards to get better loot my butt.

You and what army?

BAMozzy

The 'No Time to Explain' is a good weapon. Its quite stable and therefore quite accurate. It has the same RoF and Impact as the raid pulse, Red Death etc but feels more accurate. Its basically the same as the 'Strangers Rifle' in terms of Stats, feel etc and fires in full auto too.

The last perk is OK but I don't feel its enough to warrant taking this Exotic over some of the others in a lot of situations. Bad Juju for example seems to need less reloading and gains super energy too, Red Death has certainly saved me in a lot of situations with its Health Regen and my Raid Pulse has Firefly (I love that Perk) and being a Legendary, enables me to take an Exotic in another slot. I doubt I will use 'No Time to Explain' often or for any 'high level' activity but I will probably use it now and again for something different whilst on patrols etc

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Its_badW0lf

@BAMozzy: I was really disappointed with the raid pulse. Mine didn't have firefly, it was life support I think, or damage bonus perk, but the recoil on that thing was awful anyway sprayed bullets all over on the wall test, after going to the trouble of maxing it for nothing I infused it right into my Apple of Discord, which is my go to weapon for crucible, and really is versatile enough to be used in PVE in any case;

Range - amazing
Recoil - very little and completely controllable it's vertical recoil, which is awesome on pulse rifles, specially this one because of the body shot precision damage perk it has
Impact - does the job
Stability - the only thing I'd improve, as my AoD rolled with full auto, it'd be basically a laser beam with maxed stability, but it can't roll that I'm afraid.

Never used Bad Juju, rarely touched Red Death, but Apple of Discord is my trusty main for any crucible needs.

Raid auto riffle, does anyone else think it's kinda crap? What are the best raid weapons in you opinion? First time we ran it I received the rocket launcher from the Warpriest, but infused it into the Sleeper right away. I'm mainly looking for the scout riffle, hand cannon and shotgun, maybe the machine gun would be cool too.

BTW, wanna set up a group for the hard mode this weekend?

Edited on by Its_badW0lf

You and what army?

BAMozzy

@xX_RiscazZ_Xx: I guess its a case of each to their own and what someone else likes another maybe doesn't. At least there is a range of options to suit most needs. Personally I would take Red Death as my Exotic pulse of choice as that has saved my life a LOT. Bad Juju was very bad when the game launched but after several patches its become a good Pulse - still not as accurate as No time to Explain with its very stable 'pulse' but the perks are slightly better overall in my opinion.

The Raid Auto isn't great. After trying to max out its stability, its still a bit bouncy but as someone who used Nechrochasm, Atheons Epilogue type weapons, I don't find it that bad to control. Personally I rank this as the 3rd best primary from the Raid and don't often use mine. The Scout rifle is by far the best and my most used weapon overall - It can drop with the Full Auto perk too. The pulse is 2nd especially with the Firefly or even the Health Regen perk. I know the health regen doesn't work as often as the Red Death perk but if you wanted a legendary version, this is the closest and allows you to use an Exotic in another slot - something like Black Spindle or Sleeper Simulant for example. The Hand Cannon is probably my least favourite of the primaries. Its got a very slow reload, very low stability etc. It can have firefly although mine doesn't but I would still prefer to take all other primaries in preference.

In terms of secondaries, I like the Sniper although I rarely use it for raiding. Again this can have the firefly perk but its not the high impact style of sniper. The Shotgun is OK although i don't really use them and as someone who prefers Fusions over shotguns in general, I am more likely to equip the raid shotty than fusion - so that says it all!

In terms of Heavies, the LMG is a beast for both PvE and PvP. Its a very high impact type and accurate too. Its my most equipped heavy. The Rocket Launcher is OK I guess - It can have Tracking or Cluster (not both) so it could depend on the situation (do you need to clear mobs or hit a single moving target?) although Titans with the Taikonaut helm can get tracking anyway.

This is my opinion but as I never really play PvP, its purely based on the content I play. For example a PvP player may think the Shotgun is a beast or terrible compared to another. It also depends on the situation and content you are playing too. For Raiding, I always start with the Raid Scout and LMG with the Black Spindle until after Golgoroth and then swap to Touch of Malice and 1000 yard stare. I know others that don't have the Black Spindle take the Sleeper Simulant instead. I much prefer Swords though in Court of Oryx. Depending on the Strike, level and maybe modifiers (NF) will also determine my loadout - for example I may opt for the Raid pulse with Firefly if there are a lot of low tier enemies grouped together and in close proximity.

I guess what I am trying to say though is that what suits one in a certain situation may not suit another. This is just my opinion and yours could very easily differ and certain weapons maybe suited to your playstyle and needs than mine.

As for the Hard Raid this Weekend, count me in!

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Its_badW0lf

@BAMozzy: Makes two then!

Thanks for the comprehensive analysis of all those, I'll give the pulse a good hard look as soon as I get it again, but even now, with decent stability in my auto riffle, I'm good for add clean up in the raid.

As far as raid load out goes, I'm beginning to default to Hung Jury, Eirene and Sleeper until Golgoroth and ToM, Eirine and Ruin Wake to the end, stupidly got rid of the legendary sword on my main, but LMG it works for the shadow of Oryx.

Anyone else up for Hard Mode? Light level at least 300, ideally 305, but I just want to run it, even if we don't kill Oryx, it is cool by me, get some rewards for it either way.

You and what army?

ShogunRok

I'm in for hard mode over the weekend. Either Friday night or Saturday night is best for me.

ShogunRok

Twitter:

BAMozzy

That's certainly not a bad load-out for the Raid at all! I do have the Eirene but as I have a higher attack 1000 yard stare (with Firefly) that's my 'legendary' sniper of choice and Eirene has similar RoF/Impact. It is however, not as accessible for many unless they happen to have ranked up their gunsmith and opted to purchase it when offered.

Hung Jury is probably the best legendary Scout Rifle available to buy. It's potentially better than the Raid Scout - especially with Triple Tap and Firefly but I prefer the aesthetics, particularly the sights of the Raid weapons and it certainly hasn't let me down either.

As I have Black Spindle at 310, I use this in the first half as it has a higher Damage over time than Sleeper Simulant. i know the SS hits harder per shot but the fact that I have 18 (min) shots and don't need to reload (if I hit crits - easy on Warpriest/Golgoroth) means that my overall damage output is possibly higher overall this way.

The LMG is a no-brainer in terms of the heavy slot. None of the boss fights are suited to swords and being in such close proximity to others, a Rocket Launcher isn't that great - they also don't have 'critical' damage like the SS and LMG's either. The LMG is useful at all stages of the Raid - even if it isn't always the first choice in most situations - ie switching to it when your sniper ammo runs out. Its what I use on the Shadow as a first choice option.

As I have said before, the best load-out you can buy from Vendors for the Raid (at least the Normal one) is the Hung Jury from Dead Orbit (Scout, Primary), the 1,000 Yard Stare from the Vanguard (Sniper, Special) and either the Ruin Wake from the Crucible or Objection IV from New Monarchy (LMG, Heavy). I don't include Eirene (sniper) purely because its not always available where as all the others are and if you needed a decent sniper in the next week or so, the Eirene (currently) is not an option.

The Hard Raid is recommended light 310 - like the normal is 290. I can easily believe that the final stages though will be at light 320 like the normal is at 300. It would be very difficult to beat at 300 - similar to trying to beat the Normal at 280 but with the extra difficulty of additional mechanics (possibly even the 'no revive' option from previous Hard Raids). If people want to run the Raid on Normal first to try and get better gear and therefore a chance to boost their light level, I am certainly willing to help. I don't know that I will be available tomorrow (friday) evening as I will be doing the Hard Raid on my other platform with my Raid group but available to help before and no doubt over the weekend too before attempting it on PS4. I am sure we could get through a few Normal raids before the Hard raid becomes available anyway.

Its_badW0lf

@ShogunRok: @BAMozzy: Has to be Friday night for me I'm afraid, Saturdays are very VERY busy.

@GRIFFEN14 @mrobinson91 @kyleforrester87 @Bhizzle26 @Bad-MuthaAdebisi @Johnnycide 3 Spots left.

I think that to make it fairer on everyone and as this is going to be brutal, Friday night once we are about to start, if we have more people than spaces, it goes by light level. I don't think I'll have much time Friday night, certainly not looking to be there until 2 AM. There is still time to work on that, and hopefully it will translate into quicker raid.

It might also be the case, that people will just trickle down slowly and we don't need to turn anyone away, of course.

You and what army?

mrobinson91

@xX_RiscazZ_Xx: count me in Friday, depending on start time. 304 now with 308 hung jury, 300 1000 yard stare and crappy lmg at 294

I AM SIEGMEYER OF CATARINA AND YOU SHALL FEEL MY WRATH!

PSN: mrobinson91 | Twitter:

Victor_Meldrew

I'll be available Friday, 7 will be a stretch for me so I might be too late by 8 pm UK time. I've not really played in a couple of weeks so I'm sat at 297, may go try ranking up some tonight

Edited on by Victor_Meldrew

Victor_Meldrew

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.