Forums

Topic: PS4 Destiny Meet Up Thread

Posts 501 to 520 of 671

kyleforrester87

@milero91: Well I'm kicking my sister out of the living room to sleep in the hallway so I can play late if needed (don't ask), I'm sure you can convince her to let you start earlier haha

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

BAMozzy

I have a few Raid weapons and the Black Spindle to help get us through it - it is very Scout/Sniper/LMG focussed, the higher the impact, the better. I beat it in around an hour yesterday - although that was with all 6 of us over 300 light and all with the Touch of Malice too.

The jumping sequence at the beginning isn't that difficult if you max out your agility. Its definitely worth adjusting your build before attempting it and changing it back once you are on the other side.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Its_badW0lf

Right, get to 300 and light levels are just soaring up with 3 of coins farming. Most of them are decrypting into 310 gear which can be used or infused into legendary gear! Ready to make a dent in the raid now.

So. How do we stand on head count for tomorrow?

You and what army?

PSN: its_badW0lf

Its_badW0lf

@mrobinson91
@BAMozzy
@kyleforrester87
@ShogunRok
@ZeroXyko14
And me. 6 Guardians!

Also, grab that Sleeper Simulant y'alls, it hits like a truck I hear.

Everyone ok to start at 7 PM? Zero, how's your light level these days, and is your connection allowing you to get into fireteams? We've also got @bananacheck and Josh should be around to try the raid if we're short at the time. It would be better for everyone to have a mic, but following direction should be all that is needed.

You and what army?

mrobinson91

@xX_RiscazZ_Xx: I'll be working tonight to get the Sleeper, done the first quest just need to do some of the other bits. 7pm (English time I assume) is fine with me!

I AM SIEGMEYER OF CATARINA AND YOU SHALL FEEL MY WRATH!

PSN: mrobinson91 | Twitter:

Its_badW0lf

@mrobinson91: English Time all round, that's how we roll.

Some basic raiding rules:

As usual, listen to @BAMozzy, and whenever we get through a checkpoint IT IS MANDATORY TO DANCE AND HAVE A ROUND OF APPLAUSE. For safety reasons, of course.

If things are going too well, one designated Guardian is to implement protocol SOLDI3RBOY, and undermine everything for up to and including the 10 minute mark. Bonus points to the guardian that actually leaves the fireteam and invites the legendary SOLDI3RBOY (may the gods preserve him in all his silent uncooperative might).

Keep your hands on the controller at all times, and feel free to shout obscenities to anyone coming between you and your Guardian, it is expected relationships to be ended and families to be broken, if it all comes to that choice.

Have a safe raid. **crap lift pan flute music**

Edited on by Its_badW0lf

You and what army?

kyleforrester87

Damn, I havn't played for a week and a half, going to have to remember how to shoot. 7 works for me - see you tomorrow

kyleforrester87

ZeroXyko14

@xX_RiscazZ_Xx: I'm at light 280. Although mic audio is a little broken my connection has been good enough to play some strikes with @mrobinson91. I've been reading up on the raid so I know what to do and really help support everyone. I should stay connected, unless a disaster happens( meteor impact, black holes, or the annihilation of all life), if any of those happen then I'm sorry.
P.S. I can get into fireteams if I'm friends with a member. Also I only have the core for the sleeper simulant, but may be able to get it before the raid.

Edited on by ZeroXyko14

ZeroXyko14

PSN: ZeroXyko14

ZeroXyko14

What classes/sub-classes will our group have? I'm planning on using my nightstalker.

ZeroXyko14

Its_badW0lf

@ZeroXyko14: Cool man, try to get as many strikes in to as much light level as you can, 280, is a bit low, but we've got a good team I believe so we'll be able to make it in any case.

It mostly looks like a titan fest for all I've seen, not a lot of warlocks though. :/

Edited on by Its_badW0lf

You and what army?

ZeroXyko14

@xX_RiscazZ_Xx: Yeah, I was planing on doing some strikes. So the raid happens at 7 pm tomorrow( Its going to be about 1 pm where I live.)? Any perks I should have for my sub-class?

ZeroXyko14

Its_badW0lf

@ZeroXyko14: Raid wise, Nightstalker is good because of the tether, @BAMozzy should be able to give you some pointers on specifics as my own hunter is still sitting back on Destiny 1.x gear, same as my warlock, too engaged with me sunshiny titan to do anything else at the moment, but as usual, all sub-classes will have their uses. With this raid in mind, I'm thinking mostly nightstalker and Gunslinger (Nighthawk helm would be a great great bonus here for the stopping power)

You and what army?

BAMozzy

With the Nightstalker, blood bound isn't as effective as Black Hole. The time it is most needed, (i.e the Warpriest, Golgoroth or the Daughters - its not effective on Oryx) there are rarely any ads in proximity and with the Warpriest in particular, you don't want to be killing ads in quantity - only 1 person kills ads and only 1 every few seconds or so. Its far better to use Black Hole for the extended duration and you only tether the boss anyway. At Golgoroth, I guess you could use Blood Bound but its really not necessary in general. Its better to have a Stormcaller at that point but again not 'vital'. Certain sections anyway may require you to modify your class build - like increasing agility, switching your 'jumps' etc. If/when we get to Oryx, the recommended light is 300 - this is the level of the enemies that will be attacking us! Its still possible at 290-295 but it is very difficult.

If we don't get it done or reach this point, the most important aspect is that we have FUN and enjoy the experience. At various points we could get 'loot' which may help raise our overall levels anyway but try to get to 295 at least if possible.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Bhizzle26

Hey guys I'm normally on around 8pm or so but never have anyone to do the raid with. Was with a group and got to the last part then everyone went to bed. If yall want I can start kings fall and take yall right to the end but needs to be before tues when it resets.
Warlock 294

Bhizzle26

kyleforrester87

Ehh I'm at 293/294 with my highest level gear but the gear I'll be using will probably put me down to 292/293. Hope that'll still work.

kyleforrester87

Bhizzle26

Same here, my weapons are holding me back right now being in the 280-291 range. But that arc AK is a beast!!

Bhizzle26

Its_badW0lf

Right lads, we have 8-9 people now on this and sadly a fireteam only takes 6.

Josh confirmed he wanted to run yesterday but I was chatting with him and yeah he was pretty much in all along, I don't think he's round the forums much.

I think we will have to go with whoever is on at the moment tonight.

I will be on from 6 running some strikes to waste some 3oC and see if I get a primary and heavy exotic engram at 310 to max my hung jury and sleeper and become beast. I comfortably sit at 300 whatever gear I choose, can max it at 304 at the moment.

You and what army?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.