Online Gaming & Communities Forum
Showing 1 to 20 of 56
1. Posted: Tue 20th Dec 2016 20:30 GMT
A thread to tell everyone your top 3 gaming resolutions going into 2017. Wherever that's preordering a game, finishing a game, going back to a game from yester year or even pestering Rockstar to make Table Tennis 2 and get banned from posting facebook messages. Post your 3 resolutions here prior to the 1st of January and then check back next year and tell everyone how you got on!
Forums Playstation Best Game of all time 2016 - Uncharted 2, The Last Of Us, Witcher 3, Metal Gear Solid 4, Shadow of the Colossus.
Forums Best Game of all time 2015 - Fantasy 7, Zelda Ocarina of Time, Metal Gear Solid.
2. Posted: Wed 21st Dec 2016 09:22 GMT
TBH, the only thing I have is to stop buying so many games and not completing them. I must have at least 100 games that I have maybe played an hour on to try them and then they've got left on the shelf/HDD while I continued with the current game then something else has come along and so on and so on.
3. Posted: Wed 21st Dec 2016 14:20 GMT
Ooo I like this idea!
1) 100% Crash Bandicoot 2 remake!
2) If it's any good, own a Nitendo Switch
3) Finish 2017 on 40 Platinums
I AM SIEGMEYER OF CATARINA AND YOU SHALL FEEL MY WRATH!
PSN: mrobinson91 | Twitter: mrobinson91
4. Posted: Wed 21st Dec 2016 14:30 GMT
1: Make a larger dent in my backlog
2: Play more of my Vita/3ds
3: Replay Witcher 3 and Dark Souls 3
5. Posted: Wed 21st Dec 2016 15:17 GMT
@Hego: Not sure how "Make a larger dent in my backlog" and "Replay W3 and DS3" are possible in one year haha
6. Posted: Wed 21st Dec 2016 15:38 GMT
In general I want to buy fewer games and finish the ones I've already got, but my big resolution is to start learning to make my own game and start a project from scratch!
I bought a bunch of software in the last few Humble Bundle deals, and I think it's about time I made use of them. So hopefully by this time next year I'd like to have at least a work-in-progress title where everything has been created from scratch. Hopefully it'll teach me a lot of new skills along the way, and with any luck I might even have something I can actually share on the internet.
7. Posted: Wed 21st Dec 2016 15:42 GMT
My New Year Gaming Resolutions are
1: To work through my backlog of games
2: To FINALLY upgrade my PS4 HDD
3: To save up for a Nintendo Switch
"It is the struggle itself that is most important, We must strive to be more than we are, It does not matter that we will never reach our ultimate goal
THE EFFORT YIELDS IT'S OWN REWARDS"- Data, Star Trek The Next Generation
8. Posted: Wed 21st Dec 2016 16:59 GMT
None really, just to enjoy whatever takes my fancy Will be nice to experience some more 4K HDR enabled games in 2017. Maybe upgrade my sound system.
Edited on Wed 21st December, 2016 @ 17:00 by kyleforrester87
9. Posted: Wed 21st Dec 2016 17:27 GMT
Buy less games
Play through the games I do have
Start casting on Twitch
10. Posted: Wed 21st Dec 2016 17:40 GMT
Get a PS4.
"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
Not changing avatar until Tekken 7 gets a release date. And releases. And I play it. HAIL HEIHACHI!
11. Posted: Wed 21st Dec 2016 18:17 GMT
1. Grow my PS1 collection. I'm missing so many classics so hopefully I'll have most by the end of 2017.
2. Be more consistent and organised with what I play. A few months ago, I decided I wanted to try and beat (or at least play) all the games I own but the last few weeks I've slacked off a bit so it'd be nice to get back into that.
3. This ties in more with the last one but I'd like to 100% Red Dead Redemption before the 2nd comes out.
12. Posted: Wed 21st Dec 2016 18:44 GMT
@Hego: I'm echoing @mrobinson91: Here. I dont think your first and third resolutions are compatible on the same device. Haha.
Robo I like this one; 3) Finish 2017 on 40 Platinums. That's a lot of gaming or low hanging fruit either way I will check on your progress and help on some igc games if you and @Booshy need a boost. (4 player trophies etc)
1) To play through P4G
2) Buy a 32gb / 64gb memory card for the vita
3) Restart Tuesday Night Gaming with the Pushsquare clan, hopefully on Titan Fall 2.
@crippyd: @dryrain: @SegaBlueSky: I'm pretty sure I was addicted to buying games a few years ago and had to take a look in the mirror. Other than really bad games like NBA Live and Bladestorm every game on ps4 can be enjoyed. But I would just about scratch the surface and leave a game on my shelf for months. I think the key is to only have one or two big games at any one time, they are too time consuming otherwise.
13. Posted: Wed 21st Dec 2016 19:46 GMT
1) Play Disgaea 5
Owned the CE since October 2015, didn't get a PS4 till May 2016.
2) Platinum Uncharted 4
3) Finish more games then I buy
Across PS4, PSVR & PSVita I've probably bought around 60 games. Think I've finished about 20.
14. Posted: Wed 21st Dec 2016 19:58 GMT
@mrobinson91: @themcnoisy: Hey a mans gotta dream big ok?
15. Posted: Wed 21st Dec 2016 21:06 GMT
@Fight_Teza_Fight: 1) Play Disgaea 5
Owned the CE since October 2015, didn't get a PS4 till May 2016.
We have a winner!
Great game, if you struggle @TripleGK will defo help you out. He's a Disgaea master. I'm only upto chapter 5. That should actually be one of my resolutions - to get to chapter 6 lol.
16. Posted: Thu 22nd Dec 2016 09:14 GMT
1) Stop impulse buying games in sales unless I actually want, and have time, to play them - I have a slew of Vita and PS4 titles that I bought because, ooooooh cheap.
2) Use money saved above to buy the newer titles I actually want.
3) Try to play 1-3 titles each year that are not in my 'comfort zone'. I have a habit of going with what I know I will like - I started to play more outside of what I normally play but fell a bit by the way side this year. For example, not into stealth games but played MGSV and actually enjoyed it (Gameplay that is).
Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot
17. Posted: Thu 22nd Dec 2016 09:42 GMT
@Rudy_Manchego: 3) Try to play 1-3 titles each year that are not in my 'comfort zone'.
This is a great one! I'm a sucker for buying AAA games and Retro games (ps1 / ps2) but the reality is Fez, Rogue Legacy, Resogun, Geometry Wars 3 and Rocket League have given me way more enjoyment than dare I say uncharted, dragon age, parappa the rapper or breath of fire.
MGS V was boss though, truly outstanding game. Crazy it may seem - I enjoyed the story too.
18. Posted: Thu 22nd Dec 2016 14:05 GMT
@themcnoisy: Thanks! (Thanks also for the birthday shout out last week!). I am really guilty of just looking at the big releases over smaller games or staying within franchises I love. I try to do the same with books and films. I played Fez this year and loved it - a good example of something more low key then other games I've been tapping away at.
I didn't mind the story of MGSV until the last missions and it lost me when I just had to do the same things over pretty much. Never got past them and it has just sat on the shelf since. Still a highlight of this gen for me though gameplay wise.
19. Posted: Thu 22nd Dec 2016 18:37 GMT
@themcnoisy: In my defence the Disgaea games are an incredible time commitment. I clocked in well over 500+ hours on PS3 for both D3 & D4 & didn't even exceed 30% trophy completion.
I imagine D5 will be even bigger & better so I'm waiting for my calendar to clear up.
Also I needed that collectors edition in my life
20. Posted: Tue 27th Dec 2016 09:33 GMT
I am adding another resolution to my list - just stop buying so many games. Had a look at my physical and digital back catalogue, including those I got for christmas and found enough games to last me a year that I just won't get through. I have:
PS VR worlds
Here they lie
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
I have another 10 or so for Vita. First world problems...