Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life's been redesigned

Posts 101 to 106 of 106

Deadlyblack

For a second I thought I was on NintendoLife. Had to scroll back up just to make sure I was on PushSquare.

Deadlyblack

PSN: Deadlyblack | Twitter:

WanderingBullet

Maybe decrease the font sizes? Been needing to scroll up and down the pages more.

EDIT: No worries, I could just zoom out the pages.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

BAMozzy

The new layout isn't great and looks like it was designed by a child!!!

I know that change can be a good thing and also take a bit of getting used too but I really do think its a step back. I admit though that it fits better on my screen as the previous layout left a big area on the right but so far that's the only positive. I used the 'News' feed as my 'home' page as that kept me updated with new articles as they were published. On the right side, I could always see when a new 'review' was published (if i chose to read it or not) and could also see any new 'forum' activity too but that's all gone.

For something that is 'bespoke' and designed for PushSquare, it certainly 'borrows' a LOT from Nintendo Life. Granted the header is slightly different as they use a two line approach with the Logo on the top line and the categories on the second where as PushSquare keeps this to one line but apart from that, there isn't a significant difference. I have always preferred a 'List' view and at least NL allows you to select List or tiles but this just mixes it up. Apart from the 'colour' difference, how is this a 'bespoke' design?

I couldn't care less what is 'popular' right now - if the article is of interest to me, regardless of whether its popular or not, I will read it and normally within the first hour or three of it being published.

I know you are probably happy with the layout but now it looks like so many other websites! Its a good job PushSquare has a great community otherwise I think I would seriously consider getting my news etc elsewhere.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

mrobinson91

Change will always upset some. I like the new design and don't feel the ads are intrusive at all which some seemed concerned about. The only improvement I could recommend is ,like someone above, I've zoomed out to 80% because it all feels a bit large...not a major gripe though.

I AM SIEGMEYER OF CATARINA AND YOU SHALL FEEL MY WRATH!

PSN: mrobinson91 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.