Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site.

Posts 661 to 680 of 1,116

Rudy_Manchego

What does it actually do? Does this mean all my jokes are going to get ignored? This is just like clown school all over again.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

AdamNovice

I don't want to have a go at the staff or anything but I just feel a dislike button sells this community a bit short.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

Tasuki

@AdamNovice I agree and as I said I don't know why Ant added it. To me it makes the site look like it's become a site like IGN or something along those lines and quite honestly that's why I came to this site in the beginning because we don't have that garbage like IGN.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Tasuki

@antdickens No no lol,.sorry I guess I wasn't clear. I can't see any good out of it. People tend to use the downvote button as a way to troll or bully others. Even if they don't read what they posted people will just downvote to be mean which alot of people do on sites like IGN and such. I guess I just don't see a point at a negative response like downvoting.

Just my thoughts. Sorry if that seemed odd my last post.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Jaz007

@antdickens I’m in agreeance. I see it as a terrible idea frankly. The community here is respectful and converses civilly if there’s a disagreement, explaining why they disagree most of them time. A dislike button is equivalent to saying “booo” instead of that. IGN is the Wild West where the community has no respect, and Push Sqaure isn’t like that. Nothing good can come of downvotes and people feeling kind of put down for a less popular opinion. I appreciate that you’re trying new things, but I think removing it would be best.

Jaz007

antdickens

@Jaz007 @Tasuki whilst I appreciate the comments, we’ve not even detailed how it will work, so you’re judging something before even giving it a chance.

For instance, it’s not the same as other downvote buttons; you can’t see how many downvotes your own comments have had. Further more public can’t see the total dislikes either, it only ever shows up to 5+.

AdamNovice

@antdickens Nevertheless the less I reckon the current systems of liking and ignoring users works well enough as it is that a dislike button doesn't serve any real purpose other discouraging conversation since it's much easier to dislike a comment rather then offering a different point of view.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

Fight_Teza_Fight

Does anyone know how to revert back to the mobile version of the site? I’m currently stuck on the desktop version. On iOS.

EDIT:
Solved. Cleared search history. Defaulted back to mobile version.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Fight_Teza_Fight

@andreoni79 Just done that! Sorted. Everything back to normal, thanks!

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Fight_Teza_Fight

@antdickens Good to know, thanks!

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

JohnnyShoulder

Anyone else think it would be good idea to have a PS4 Q & A topic in the PS4 section? I'm getting a bit fed up of having all these topics popping up, how do I do this on my PS4, this is not working on my PS4. Just think it would be better if they were all in one topic, rather than cluttering up the PS4 section.

What does everyone else think?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Smart, I like it. Just a general advice / technical assistance place, where people can post both about PS4 issues and about specific glitches or problems in games, maybe?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Yeah, that is exactly on the 👃 kind sir!

And that is a nose before anyone asks!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder I'm glad you clarified that.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Jaz007

I feel like a community address regarding the comments sections in articles might be good idea. The amount of name calling and childlessness has been getting more common.

Jaz007

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic