Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site.

Posts 641 to 660 of 1,116

Jaz007

@antdickens I just got the pop-up, I figured it wasn’t working.... How did I get like 8 people on my block list then? because I haven’t even seen the pop-up in a while. I cleared out the list last time I mentioned it and saw it working before this.

Jaz007

mookysam

Having a bit of a problem with ad pop-ups. The kind that you can't close that say "your phone is infected with x number of viruses (P.S. click on this link to get an actual virus!) I don't have ad-blocker (it's android anyway) and wouldn't use one because I want to support the site, but it has become rather intrusive. Do you have any control over the type of ads that appear?

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Kidfried

Ads are terrible. I can almost not write a comment on news stories without being redirected. Don't know what it is, but it's certainly going to hurt engagement etc. :/

Kidfried

BranJ0

@mookysam I was about to say the same thing. On my phone on my both Push Square and NintendoLife, just starting this evening, I got lots of ad pop ups. Chrome tends to block the pop ups, but they just kept on coming and kept on disturbing my place on the page, making reading the article and comments nearly impossible. I thought it might just be me, but if you've also just started experiencing something similar then maybe it's not?

BranJ0

Kidfried

@BranJ0 @antdickens Me too, it just started. And it happened specifically on pages with ads (news, etc.) and not on the forums for me.

Next time it happens I'll save a screenshot.

Kidfried

mookysam

@antdickens It's the same for me as @BranJ0, they disturb my place on the page and like @kidfried it only happens on pages with ads. Chrome is blocking a lot of pop ups, but some are still getting through and oddly it also seems occur when I click on the reply box - including just now on this page. I have taken a screenshot so I hope that will be helpful. Will email it to the site as soon as I can.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Kidfried

@mookysam Exactly the same for me. Although I haven't experienced anymore since my post about it.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@mookysam @Kidfried @BranJ0 I had the same issue a few months back. I reported the sites to Google and installed an anti-virus app on my phone. That seemed to work for me, but I've not noticed since I bought a new phone.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

AdamantiumClaws

I actually just felt like randomly saying that this is my favorite forum of all time. I look forward to coming on here everyday, everyone is so friendly and respectful.

That said, I do wish there was a multiquote function.

Even the rocks do not recall.

Jaz007

@AdamantiumClaws If you copy and paste you can quote as many people as you want. You can also copy and paste a post and use the quote commands in the brackets.

Jaz007

Shellcore

Having an issue viewing site on mobile. BLOPS advertising just dominates the background and makes topics unreadable. Same on Nintendo Life.

PSN: Aleks-UK

AdamantiumClaws

Jaz007 wrote:

@AdamantiumClaws If you copy and paste you can quote as many people as you want. You can also copy and paste a post and use the quote commands in the brackets.

Yeah, but a multiquote button would be much easier.

Even the rocks do not recall.

AdamNovice

I have to be honest, I don't like this dislike feature in the comments. Eurogamer has it and it's just a tool to hide people's comments that aren't popular with several people. Not saying Push Square is doing this but I think it's much better to keep the Like tick and leave it as it is cos people will be less tempted to debate or counter an opinion they don't agree with when they can just Dislike it instead.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

Kidfried

@kyleforrester87 There's just so many trolls on here, talking crap about Spider-Man. Something needed to be done!

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic