Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site.

Posts 621 to 640 of 1,116

Jaz007

Could we get a layout option that's just a list instead of part of the page being a grid where the articles are smaller? I find it a lot easier to miss articles because of the partial grid and would much rather have just a list like the first few articles on the page are.

Jaz007

Kidfried

@Jaz007 Do you use the timeline feature? Since its implementation I never missed a single article.

Okay, I missed a few probably, but that was deliberately at least!

https://www.pushsquare.com/timeline and you can reach it via the homepage. Or did I misunderstand you right there?

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Jaz007

@Kidfried Yes, that’s it. I’m not sure where to find that, but thanks!

Jaz007

Kidfried

@Jaz007 I have included in image, hope that works from my phone. It's next to the 'latest news' on the bottom of my screenshot.

It's a very subtle button!

Untitled

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Th3solution

@Kidfried Hey, cool! I never noticed this either.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Fight_Teza_Fight

@get2sammyb @Tasuki Could we get the Nintendo Switch thread re-opened please? It's one of the most viewed threads on the site (100K+) and it shouldn't get closed, because Knuckles and co wanted to have a 'Chit-Chat' and can't adhere to site rules.
Give out warnings/temp bans if you must, but don't shut down popular threads cause someone wanted to 'push the envelope'.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Octane

If we closed a thread on NLife every time someone goes off-topic, everything would be closed by now lol... I don't see the harm.

Octane

Tasuki

@Octane Well then feel free to head over and derail threads over there. I can't let one person derail threads on one thread and then scolded others in another it's just not right. You might not see it as a big problem but alot of users have expressed that it happens too much here in the comment sections and threads as well, thus why the chit chat thread was created. That's a thread you can derail all you want till your heartts content.

Thank you for understanding.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Tasuki Thanks. I don't really wanna go to NL. That always ends up badly for some reason.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Octane

@Tasuki That's just part of natural conversation, and that usually dies off after two or three comments anyway. I just think it creates this threatening/intimidating(?) atmosphere where you're not sure what you're allowed to say or not, and before you know your comment is deleted. I know I've avoided posting here in the past because of that, and I don't want that to be the case. But that's just my opinion.

Octane

Tasuki

@Fight_Teza_Fight Yeah I don't blame you. I pop in there every once in awhile but let's be honest the community just turned into trash the last few years it's not like it once was.

My Backlog

Tasuki

@Octane It's on thing if it goes on for a post or two but that wasn't the case. I have been watching it since last night and it turned into a job/Financial thread. Basically it's common sense if you see the thread after a few posts is going off the tracks, then maybe it's time to take it to the chit chat thread. Just saying.

My Backlog

Octane

@KratosMD lol, don't blame it on me. We were just talking about the online sub, and how to finance it I guess. I don't see why threads need to be locked because of an off-topic post either, that's not on me...

Octane

Tasuki

@KratosMD Sorry didn't meant to upset you or @Fight_Teza_Fight. I was just in the middle of doing something else and didn't want to have to clean up even more cause people couldn't take a hint so I temp closed it so I could clean it up in when I got a second.

My Backlog

crimsontadpoles

Tasuki wrote:

Well then feel free to head over and derail threads over there. I can't let one person derail threads on one thread and then scolded others in another it's just not right. You might not see it as a big problem but alot of users have expressed that it happens too much here in the comment sections and threads as well, thus why the chit chat thread was created. That's a thread you can derail all you want till your heartts content.

Thank you for understanding.

Even if a lot of users have expressed that, I'd like to express the exact opposite opinion. Scolding people and closing threads too quickly just makes this place feel imtinidating. Off-topic talk happens naturally in a good conversation, there's nothing wrong with it as long as it isn't spam or falling foul of the other site rules.

Jaz007

@AntDickens Can we get an option to turn off ignoring users? It looked like the lack of a "are you sure" pop-up was fixed on my phone from a while back, but I just looked at the ignore list and it had a healthy list of people on it accidentally. So it seems it still really easy to ignore users without knowing and maybe the pop-up isn't showing on my phone anymore (iPhone X). Or at least can we get the pop-up to work?

Jaz007

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic