Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site.

Posts 581 to 600 of 1,116

Tasuki

@ToddlerNaruto Honestly I would prefer it if you just put that sort of thing in your signature. The reason being then we will get a flood of people just posting Hey Join my Discord Channel posts. I then couldn't very well close there threads while leaving yours open and having double standards.

But in the end it's up to Sammy.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

KidRyan

@Tasuki I meant a master single thread to share IM IDs, just like the one for PSN IDs.

I don't see people going out of their way to make duplicate threads for that, so what would be the problem with making a similar one for IMs?

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

KidRyan

@Tasuki @get2sammyb That's the thing about the IM thread though, it's completely optional to share your IM info.

If you don't want people knowing your IM info you don't have to post, just like the PSN ID thread.

So is that a definite no on me creating a "What's Your IM Info?" style thread?

Octane

For what it's worth, we did have a Skype sharing thread on NintendoLife. But it died a few years ago...

Octane

KidRyan

Octane wrote:

For what it's worth, we did have a Skype sharing thread on NintendoLife. But it died a few years ago...

Well of course it did, Skype is ancient and most people have jumped ship to Discord or Telegram for IMing.

BAMozzy

@antdickens PM's is a great idea - If it can be expanded into 'group messages' too, that would be fantastic. You could have a group for specific online 'games' where people can set up gaming sessions - maybe even a PushSquare gaming 'group' chat for example and do lets play sessions, stream or record for youtube etc. I know the PS4 allows this too but its easier to type on a keyboard and you can chat without necessarily being on the console. I know I would find this useful as I game on multiple devices and could 'plan' to be on my PS4 at the right time.

I know its not 'necessary' as we can use the Forums for that too but it could still be a useful extension to have 'Private group messages' as well as private individual messaging.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

BAMozzy

@antdickens LOL of course....

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Tasuki

@antdickens I really could do without PM. That's all we need is for spammers and people to harass each other thru a PM system. I just don't need people @ me because they are getting harassed by someone or getting spam in their in boxes. Lastly I don't really want to be getting over a hundred PMs from users because of a spam attack while I am asleep because heaven forebid I am not on the site 24/7.

I honestly think a PM system is a bad idea we have been doing just fine without one and it will cause problems.

If everyone is insistent on having one, then maybe have it a option like if you don't want it then it's not added to your account or something like that.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

Jaz007

@Tasuki If someone PMs you about something related to you being a moderator like that then it should make for a clear suspension I think (just have to make sure it's clear that's a rule). At that point it's called the contact form. Honestly, I don't get why people don't think reporting is just as effective as all the other stuff.

Jaz007

Tasuki

@Jaz007 I don't why people don't use the contact form honestly but it seems that if I don't answer right away or a spammer comes around when I am asleep that by @ me is going to do something. People just don't have patience nowadays it seems. I had to block a user on this site from PSN and Twitter cause every time a spammer would hit they would blow up my PSN inbox and Twitter Account.

@get2sammyb Yeah but going through and blocking everyone would just so cumbersome. And as I said before if people.want to PM each other there are thousands of sites out there to do it already. There's discord, Facebook messenger, Google Hangouts etc. that I can't see why we would need on for the site. It's just going to be more trouble for the staff then it's worth if you ask me.

My Backlog

Jaz007

I like the idea of this site having PMs, but I think being able to disable it as a feature would be good idea too. I wouldn't mind having it, but for those who don't want to bother, it'd be a good feature. It would help everyone win. And if @tasuki would only be responsible for the main site and not PMing that would be reasonable too. I think the man has enough work from the main site already lol. I mean really, the man does a lot for us.

Jaz007

Tasuki

@Jaz007 To be honest as can be seen, I am against PMs so no offense but I wouldn't even deal with modding them. If Sammy, or Robert want they can but if they are added I wash my hands of them. I spoke my piece and staff knows my stance on them. So one of the other staff members can keep them in check.

My Backlog

JohnnyShoulder

Is it possible to have an upload option added so that we can upload photos and stuff from our devices? Not everyone haswants social media accounts or register with yet another Web site, just so that some of us can share photos on this site.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Octane

@JohnnyShoulder Just use a site like imgbb. They work fine, they're very easy and quick to use, and you don't have to sign up for anything!

Octane

RogerRoger

With huge apologies to @Tasuki (because I can completely understand his arguments; he already goes above and beyond for this place), I have to say that I'd adore a PM system on Push Square. I have no other social media presence, and I'm not brave enough to share my PSN information in public, so meeting up with a select few to play co-op or simply to chat is near-impossible without some kind of private way of getting in touch.

Make it opt-in and have the strictest rules, whatever works, but I reckon it'd only be a good thing.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic