Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site.

Posts 521 to 540 of 1,116

Octane

Well, my idea doesn't sound like a bad one after all

Octane

Tasuki

@Octane Actually as I said before it wouldnt be the best idea. It would discourge people from signing up to the site and it wouldn't stop the spammers cause they would just find another way to harass us.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Jaz007

@Octane Silently leave the room.... (quiet like a fish)

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

Jaz007

Can we get a notification if the town sheriff changes what you said? (I had a little jab at us being better than Nlife taken out of a introductory post in a thread, not complaining though.) That we know what to learn from as I almost missed that it had been changed.

Jaz007

Tasuki

@Jaz007 Usually I will post why it was edited unless of course it's self explanatory as in your case, I mean heck you said yourself "it was a jab at Nintendo Life". Which to be honest can be taken the wrong way and blow up in a whole mess and quite frankly I am tired of threads, comments sections etc. getting derailed cause someone makes a joke like that and others blow it out of proportion.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Jaz007

@Tasuki I get why you did it, I wasn't thinking much about people taking it the wrong way which was my bad, but what I'm suggesting is a notification that it happened. Not an explanation. I didn't really have a reason to look at it again, I just happened to and noticed it. The notification is to make sure we see it remember it for the future. I mean a notification like if someone @'s you, just to make sure you don't miss it.
Thanks for taking the time to moderate this place too!

Jaz007

BAMozzy

Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Octane

@spammer Is it possible to sort the husband and wife dispute problem solving threads alphabetically? I'm looking for my country, but I'm having a hard time finding it.

Octane

Fight_Teza_Fight

Well it's gotta get worse before it gets better.
'Control your husband' lol XD

EDIT: 'Control your wife'
At least our spammer isn't sexist. Could be worse.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Rudy_Manchego

I don't want to be controlling. I am glad my wife is not a Playstation gamer and therefore won't see this. I can't be controlled. I am free spirit, a renegade, a maverick.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Th3solution

It can’t be fun to have to clean this garbage up every week when the spam attacks occur.
(Although, I have to admit, I’m curious what the next batch brings. We are getting investment advice, spouse manipulation advice, what next? )

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

Yeah it is quite bad recently. There must be something else that can be done other than just cleaning it all up afterwards. Would having something like Captcha help? I assume these are just spam bots rather than just someone creating the new posts.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Rudy_Manchego

@KratosMD Ah you young 'uns won't remember the great spam attack of 09. Back in those days we didn't have any of that there fancy captcha or user authentication, it was just a Url and a brave squadron of moderators. When the attack happened, we lost three mods in the first hour, burned out from hitting the delete key. In all the attack lasted 13 hours, and by the end of it, we couldn't tell spam from original post. No one came out without some sort of wound, be it a blister or nightmares. I still can't see a post from a Nigerian Prince without having flashbacks to that terrible time.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

FullbringIchigo

maybe they should make it so you can only make 1 or 2 threads every 24 hours, that would help stop spam attacks like that because it was the same person making each one it seems

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Jaz007

@Tasuki They’re wary of the local Doomslayer. They know you’ll rip and tear their spam!

Jaz007

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic