Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site.

Posts 501 to 520 of 1,116

BAMozzy

@antdickens I can't explain it either but I am sure I don't get every advert. It maybe down to firewalls, security settings, anti-virus, anti-malware and other 'constant' monitoring software I have running outside of the browser - these do block a number of Ads on the other sites I use that I also keep Ad-blocker off on. I know that because I get white blocks. I know a number of Google ads get blocked regardless of any ad-blocker because they use monitoring to pick 'appropriate' ads to my 'browsing' history and/or location but because of my security settings and permanently monitoring software that blocks things at the 'entry' point, they won't load regardless of whether I have an Adblocker on or not.

There is NO way that I would turn off these active monitoring software or adjust my security settings - especially as PushSquare is always open in a 'tab' with a lot of other tabs constantly open too - sorry. I can assure you though that I do NOT have Adblocker on - as you accused me of. AVForums is another site that I do not use Adblocker for as that prohibits me from entering any competitions - but that too has big white gaps in some areas...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Octane

@antdickens Did you perhaps change some of the settings? The expand feature didn't seem to work yesterday during Microsoft's. The screen widened, but the video stayed the same size.

Octane

Octane

@antdickens Oh, that explains it! Thanks a lot! I think @AFCC would like to know this as well.

Octane

AFCC

@Octane Thanks for calling me mate! I figured it out with help from Ant and other guys during Bethesda conference! It still has 2 black bars but they are much smaller now

AFCC

PSN: AFCC_13 | Twitter:

BAMozzy

@AFCC @Octane I worked out you could move the image size horizontally but I counted the Blue bar as part of the image and so tried to move the 'bottom' of the blue - not the top.

@antdickens I hope that helps - but I am NOT blocking ads on this site specific - only ads that my security or additional protection software deems unsafe or a potential risk. That may also explain why there is no grey box either if its being blocked from even entering my PC

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Fight_Teza_Fight

@antdickens Would it be possible to receive a notification when being quoted?

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Fight_Teza_Fight

@antdickens Thanks!

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Octane

@antdickens Would it be a good idea to implement a feature that requires new users to be a member for at least 24 hours or a week before they can create new threads? That should eliminate a lot of spam threads.

Octane

kyleforrester87

@Octane doesn't seem like there are a huge amount of spam threads to be fair. And often people will join to specifically ask a relevant question and might not want to wait 24 hours to do that, which is kind of fair enough.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

BAMozzy

@Octane I mentioned something similar a while back...

@kyleforrester87 Well they should 'join' sooner then in my opinion or try searching the forums for answers as most of the time, their 'issue' has been asked before or at least ask in a relevant thread - its NOT stopping them from posting - just stopping them from creating new/SPAM threads that have SPAM on the front page too. Other issues are more related to getting in touch with Sony or seeking answers on Sony's own forums. Being banned for example...

It may well put those few off from joining BUT if they are only joining 'just' to create a thread to ask a question and have NO interest in being part of the community, then no loss as far as I am concerned. If they want to be part of the community, then they will be understanding and appreciate the fact that 'spammers' can't create SPAM threads. They can still ask their questions but will have to search for a relevant thread to do so - whether that's the General PS4 thread or a specific game thread...

Tasuki

@antdickens I kind of agree with @kyleforrester87 on this one. Usually we are on top of people creating spam threads (not sure what happened earlier this morning well at least morning for me), but obviously we can't be around 24/7. But yeah making it so people have to wait 24 hours to ask something after they sign up can put new users off to the site I know it would me.

Also it wouldn't help solve the spammer problems if they can't create new threads then they will just start posting in existing ones and those are harder to notice and find to clean up.

To sum it up I think making people wait to post after signing up would make things worst but that's my opinion.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Th3solution

Welp. This has reached a whole different level now.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Fight_Teza_Fight

6 pages worth of spam...wow.

I wonder why PS gets targeted like this. NL despite being the ‘bigger’ site, hardly gets any spam. It’s usually just users trying to self promote.

I still think a limit of 1-2 threads a day/every hour per user would be a good deterrent & a way to mitigate these ‘spam waves’.
No one should have the ability to open up 100 threads in 30 minutes....

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

JohnnyShoulder

I blame @kyleforrester87! He jinxed things by saying there are not a huge amount of spam threads!!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Rudy_Manchego

Personally, I like the spam threads. I get most of my pills and offshore investment ideas from them.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

antdickens

@Octane @kyleforrester87 @Tasuki yeah, I see what you are saying but I think it just delays things rather than solving anything. If they are a spammer, I'd rather they post straight away so we can deal with it and move on. It may deter some spammers, but it would also deter legitimate users too.

Our anti-spammer filter actually works pretty well and catches a lot of spammers. Maybe we just need to add some more keywords to it to catch the remaining ones? What were the recent ones posting about?

Thanks!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic