Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site.

Posts 481 to 500 of 1,116

Kidfried

@RogerRoger That don't matter at all. Your contributions have always been positive here and your comments are always pretty eloquent. I think constructive feedback is appreciated by the staff no matter how long you've been a member.

But you remind me, in two weeks I celebrate my 4 year membership. Even though I never talked to anyone in person or anything, I consider all of you buddies, whether you've been a member since before my registration or you've been a member for just a few months now.

Kidfried

kyleforrester87

@Kidfried just over 3 years for me and nearly 5000 comments on articles!! Damnnn! That's like 14 per day.

Edit: and 3300 forum posts!!

I don't think any of it has ever been constructive so apologies all 😂

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

RogerRoger

@Kidfried That's very kind of you to say, thank you. I guess I'm just a little old-fashioned in some respects, this obviously being one of them.

Early congratulations on your four year milestone! Here's to the next four, and beyond.

I certainly share in the feelings you describe, which helps make Push Square one of the nicest communities to be a part of, and I have a lot of respect for the staff for maintaining it so. Given the general perception of A: the internet and B: gaming, if you'd have told me a year ago that I'd be so comfortable posting on a gaming-centric website, I probably wouldn't have believed you.

One day, I might even be brave enough to put my PSN I.D. in my signature. You never know.

@kyleforrester87 Being constructive is overrated, but I still think you're selling yourself a little short there. It takes all sorts and, having lurked for a while before posting, I can safely say that your contributions (all 8,300 of 'em) are pretty darn great.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

DerMeister

@RogerRoger Just remember this- Unless you're actively trying to be a jerk, anyone's contribution is welcome here.

Been 4 years here for me too. Joined in October '14. Time flies, eh?

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

RogerRoger

@DerMeister Good advice, both for Push Square and for life in general.

@kyleforrester87 The "wheyyy" made it great so yeah, I'll allow the updated tally.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Jaz007

Can we get an option to disable ignoring users? Or at least a prompt that warns if we're about to. I ignored someone once without knowing and figured it out by being confused. I just got confused again and had to look and saw I had ignored 4 users without any idea that I had. It's honestly been an annoying feature because of it's ability sneak past you better than Ezio.

Jaz007

Tasuki

@Jaz007 What kind of device are you using? Because I just tried to ignore you and I got a prompt asking if I was sure I want to ignore you.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Jaz007

@Tasuki I’m using an iPhone X and using desktop mode.

Jaz007

JohnnyShoulder

@Simon_Fitzgerald I will second this. Annoying you have scroll to the bottom of the page to get to the page numbers.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

@antdickens Second what @Simon_Fitzgerald is saying. But more importantly: since a few days the links to the forum topics on the front page don't link to the newest comments anymore as they used to do. Is that on purpose?

Kidfried

Th3solution

@antdickens I also have noticed that when clicking on a notification where someone responded to @ me in article comments that it no longer goes straight to the comment but just to the page and I have to filter through all the comments (which are sometimes voluminous) to find what they messaged to me. It seems like it used to go straight there a while ago. The forums perform fine in this regard but the comment section notifications don’t go straight there.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

BAMozzy

Untitled

This is what happens when I enlarge the video - no option to increase the height and the Chat' is also locked to a small height too

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

BAMozzy

And to prove I am NOT using AdBlock

Untitled

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

BAMozzy

@antdickens I get 'some' ads - whether its ALL the ads as I do get some white spaces too, I don't know but as you can see, the Adblocker is off for PushSquare. I am NOT complaining if the Ads don't show as I always ignore them anyway and will never click on one BUT I do not block to support the site as I am here so often. I block ads on youtube though so never see any ads before video's!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic