Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site.

Posts 341 to 360 of 1,116

Kidfried

@antdickens That would be great, thanks in advance!

In general this site is great on mobile, I'm just nitpicking of course.

Kidfried

Jaz007

Could we get a guide on how to do things like use the spoiler and bold text features for the posts? I can’t remmber how to do them after two years of not being able to use the site. Would also help newer users know they exist. (I’m assuming they still do.)

Jaz007

Th3solution

@Jaz007 Yeah, being a relative newcomer here, I had a similar question, and for now you can look at this thread where @Octane posted some of the tricks.

Edit: and I guess it’s not in there, but spoiler tags are [spoiler] ... [ /spoiler]
I’m sure there are other tricks too, so an article would still be nice to have.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Octane

@Th3solution That's right!

• And I believe
  • I forgot
  • Bullet points as well

Just start the sentence with a minus sign ''-'', and it'll turn into a bullet point.

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

Cool I was wondering how to do all the snazzy stuff. 👍

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Hapuc

I'm still waiting for Dark Mode

Hapuc

JohnnyShoulder

Not a massive problem but it would be neat if the latest post on the different categories appear on the top of the page, and the next newest second etc. Think it would make it a bit easier to navigate round the forum cos at the moment it seems as if they are duck in a certain position.

Also does this forum support trophy cards in signatures, like the ones from PSN Profiles

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

WiiWareWave

@get2sammyb Wouldn't that make the site less mobile and game console friendly? Depending on the coding WYSIWYG mode could make the site unusable on all devices except PC's and laptops...

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

PSN: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

Tasuki wrote:

@JohnnyShoulder They last thread to be posted in is always at the top of the section it's in.

Cheers for getting back to me, but if you take a look on the PS4 section that is not the case. I would attach a screen shot but I don't know how to do that. The most recent posts are for Monster Hunter World and Rainbow Six Siege which are like a quarter down the page.

This site could be more user friendly with stuff like making text bold etc, it's a pain having to remember the shortcuts.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

NecuVise

Is it possible to redesign the way that comments on articles work? It is really hard to follow the discussion now, as all the post and replies are on the same level, presented in a chronological order. It would be nice to have replies under the comment we are replying and so on (for replies to replies). I'm not sure if you talked about this before, if you did and you already discussed it then I'm sorry.

NecuVise

Jaz007

@NecuVise At the sametime I feel like it would be hard to follow for those who rely on the chronological order to follow things and see if new stuff’s been posted.

Jaz007

NecuVise

@Jaz007 we could have a button to show replies, or you could just go past replies to the next comment.

NecuVise

kyleforrester87

@NecuVise handy for when there are hundreds and hundreds of comments, but to be fair the number is usually not that high, so it's not really tough to follow for most articles IMO

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Tasuki

@NecuVise I would have to agree with @Jaz007 and @kyleforrester87 that it's not really needed and it's not that hard to follow conversations, if anything it would be harder to follow them and would just make things look like a mess. Usually when people are having a conversation they just @mention the other person. Makes it easy enough to follow conversations.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Fight_Teza_Fight

@antdickens @get2sammyb The spam is getting out of control. Maybe there needs to be some sort of restriction on how many threads someone can open within a time period?

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic