Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site.

Posts 241 to 260 of 1,116

Kidfried

Hey all. I really love the Push Square website, but what bothers me a bit is that there is no 'divider' of some sort between the stickied features and the latest news on the frontpage. A blue horizontal line would do. As a reader you get discouraged from looking any further on the website if the first two articles you see are the one's you've read yesterday already.

Kidfried

BAMozzy

@Kidfried: Click on the 'News' heading and that is where all the latest articles show up as and when they are uploaded. You can see all the latest reviews and forum posts from there too on the right hand side of the page.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

themcnoisy

@get2sammyb: Whens the new site design coming out? Feels like we have been waiting for ages!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

BAMozzy

@get2sammyb: LMAO - hope its not like NL as I much prefer this layout...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Rudy_Manchego

@get2sammyb: Well that is what I said on my wedding night and look how that turned out...

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Rudy_Manchego

@Bad-MuthaAdebisi Don't worry, Bert and Ernie are still together, just the evening was disappointing. But hey, if they will give complimentary bottles of champagne...

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Tasuki

@DarkmarkUnited: Yeah, your just rambling . The fact that NL and PS started as seperate sites and even now are seperate the chances of them becoming one is very very slim. For one thing Sammy and Robert have different opinions views then the editors of NL. Not only that but community wise it would be a nightmare of fanboy arguments and would end up like IGN or some of those other gaming sites.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

get2sammyb

@DarkmarkUnited: I think part of why what we're doing works is because the sites have different voices for different audiences. While we do try to align in some areas — like both sites run Talking Points, for example — we've always tried to run the three sites individually to cater to different tastes, age groups, and so on.

Unifying the sites would lose that individuality. And plus, neither of the sites would be able to delve into the nitty-gritty like we do currently; being single-format affords us a freedom that multiplatform websites like IGN and Eurogamer simply don't have.

WiiWareWave

You guys need to do something soon because these forums are on life-support and article comments are way down as well...

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

PSN: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Tasuki

@Rukiafan7: I don't see anything wrong really. If you compare us to Nintendo Life then yeah we aren't as big but we still get a good amount of traffic.

I am not sure what you are getting at.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Vincent294

@Rukiafan7: It could be healthier but it definitely isn't on life support. However, there are areas for improvement. YouTube embedding and a BBCode cheat sheet should be added, and I'm surprised the site hasn't been updated to what Nintendo Life has yet; Comment likes and user reviews being chief among improvements.

Vincent294

Octane

@Vincent294: Pretty sure I embedded a YouTube vid the other day here on PushSquare.

Yup, it's still possible; [youtube:VIDEOID] Just replace VIDEOID with the 11-letter ID code from the URL and it should work.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

themcnoisy

@Vincent294: Good points but comment likes and dislikes are pretty divisive. Commenting on an article shouldn't become a ball swinging contest. Generally the first few comments to be entered get the most likes or dislikes so there's no point really.

Although I would never write one, user reviews are a good idea. Maybe even user guides! There's some amazing gamers as part of the community who batter games - such as Triple with Disgaea, Kyle with Fez, Drumstickguy with RocketLeague. They could write brilliant guides.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic