Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site.

Posts 221 to 240 of 1,116

TheRam

@Quintumply: Seconded. Sometimes a writer will review an anticipated title lower/higher than our audience expects, which causes enough of a backlash as it is. Giving people the ability to "dislike" these articles doesn't allow for any constructive criticism, and I'm willing to bet that a lot of reviewers would have their opinions discredited simply because their downvoters don't agree with it.

It's a nice concept, but one that is very easily abused. I'm not against "liking" articles, though - a little positivity never hurt anyone!

TheRam

themcnoisy

The scrolling advert is affecting the site again. I cant view an article for more than a quick downscroll before it corrupts and just shows the advert.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

Its the same as what happened a few months back. Eurogamer is exactly the same, there's an advert inbedded behind the main site, as you scroll the advert shows itself. Windows phones corrupt when the advert shows and you can't scroll any further as all you can see is the advert, I think Linux makes this happen it too, another user posted a video thinking back.

themcnoisy

@get2sammyb: Its the same as comment 96 I'm this thread. I stupidly bought another windows phone

themcnoisy

@get2sammyb: Thanks Sammy, no great problem as I can always whack on the 💻.

themcnoisy

@antdickens: Thanks Ant, appreciated. I have to reload the page and scroll down quick to read the end of articles. Sometimes im reloading 3-4 times. I've tried turning off pictures but that doesn't help either.

themcnoisy

@antdickens: Certainly is captain Falcon. Thanks Ant muchly appreciated.

AdamNovice

I don't know if it's been suggested but I wouldn't mind a section to the site dedicated to user reviews. I feel this site has enough dedicated readers who have strong opinions about certain games that they can give their view on. Of course forum threads could do that job maybe a dedicated user review section can allows users to provide a hub for people to come in the hope of finding a range of views on the games they might be interested in buying. I also feel it might to help to cover games that maybe fell under the radar due to not enough time and people for the site to provide an official Push Square review.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

get2sammyb

@adf86: This is something we want to do for the exact same reason as you suggested. Reader reviews are awesome - sometimes better than official ones - and if someone is passionate about a game that doesn't have an "official" review, then why not have that posted on the site!

I'm pretty sure this is in the pipeline, but we need to get the redesign out first!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic