Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site.

Posts 201 to 220 of 1,116

TOUGHDUDE94

Also what about place where we can see who commented and upvotes our post on another article.

TOUGHDUDE94

PSN: TOUGHDUDE94

themcnoisy

Is there any way we could sticky the recent purchases threads in the forums please? I was just about to brag about my purchases and cant find the thread (ps4) we all post in them and have been confused by which to post in the past. Thanks in advance.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

kyleforrester87

Also the latest platinum thread probably shouldn't still be in the PS3 forum. Probably better in ps4 or general, no?

Just sayin'

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Tasuki

@themcnoisy: I don't know how many times I have said this (not just to you and I hope this doesn't come off wrong) but if you are looking for a thread there is a search button next to new thread that makes finding threads alot easier.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Tasuki

@get2sammyb: I honesty like having PS4 sections and Vita sections etc. Otherwise Vita discussions would get lost among PS4 discussions. I do belive though that the PS3 section should be put into the retro/other gaming sections or maybe just a Previous Gen Playstation section where people can discuss any older PS games systems etc.

But that's just my thoughts.

My Backlog

kyleforrester87

@Tasuki: If you're pointing out the search function to people a lot it probably says something about the fundamental layout of the forum that needs to be adjusted to make it more intuitive to move around. In my opinion search functions should only be used for historic threads that you want to look back on for research or that you want to revive for some reason. That's what I've always relied on them for, anyway. I suspect it's the same for others too. I kinda expect the more commonly used threads to be more in my face.

That said I reckon PS3 section does need to be moved. And does Vita even warrant its own section these days? lol

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

BAMozzy

@Tasuki: I think the PS3 and Vita section could be merged into 1 - Maybe with a heading of Playstation family (or something similar). A place to discuss all things Playstation but excluding PS4. To me Retro and 'other' gaming (I include the PS3 as 'Retro' now) includes every format that isn't PS4 but I do think if we put PS3 and the Vita into this, a lot of the convo's in this could get lost.

Maybe we could replace the Vita heading (if its merged with PS3) with one specifically for 'Games' and keep all OT threads here - 1 thread per game. It would be easier to search rather than create new topics in PS4 for every game that comes out. It could also help people find threads on specific topics easier - Such as 'games' or PS4 specific things (headsets, controllers, general PS4 convos) instead of feeling like they need to create a new thread.

Just a suggestion....

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

get2sammyb

I'll bring up the subject of categories next time I see Ant. It is a bit messy when you've got something like 'Latest Platinum' thread which technically could exist in PS4, PS3, or Vita section. I've even found myself - as the editor - pondering which category I'm supposed to post something sometimes. There has to be a better solution!

BAMozzy

@get2sammyb: Personally I would put the latest platinum in a 'Playstation family' thread (as I mentioned in my previous thread). Although it can include PS4, its not specifically PS4 only and therefore would be under that heading. Moving 'Games' to its own heading, I think, would benefit these threads as it moves a lot of the threads to one specific place. It makes it easier to search for specific things and hopefully would also stop similar threads being created - especially for older games that may not have been commented on for a while. It seems most of the issues arise from multiple threads around games and as the library continues to grow, it can push other threads further back. Searches don't always help either. Searching Killzone for example comes up with 26 results - would we get more if it does come to IGC??, Destiny has 21 (admittedly a few are locked - but also shows the problem). Destiny in my opinion should have 2 - an OT and an Online thread - Killzone more as it has more games in its back catalogue and these are separate games (unlike the Taken King which is an expansion) but hopefully you see my point. These games would be easier to find OT threads if they were all in the same heading - also it would clear some of the congestion in the other threads keeping them easier to look through for threads on a topic and potentially alleviate the issues with multiple threads being generated and people getting frustrated with their threads being closed.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

darkswabber

@get2sammyb it would be nice if the pushsquare forums had a trophy specific topic were people can share their latest platinum, share trophy guides, ask questions about specific trophies and people can set up trophy boasting threads for online/multiplayer trophies.

darkswabber

PSN: darkswabber | Twitter:

Tasuki

@kyleforrester87: I see what you are saying but with people making new threads, replying to threads, it's easy for threads to get buried, and honestly I don't like stickying threads, if you go take a look at Nintendolife's general topic section you will see why. Having a whole first page of stickied threads is not pretty to look at either. That's why I suggest the search button for finding threads, rather then "oh I don't see a Black Ops III thread on the first page let's make a new one, when chances are it's a popular game there is one there. Depending on forum activity, I have seen threads 2 days old get pushed to the second page.

@BAMozzy I see what your saying and it makes sense. Honestly A game section would be helpful but then again with encompassing all PS games I wonder how cluttered it would be come. Although I don't see it being too much a problem since most people here seem to be playing PS4 games. But yes I agree that there should be two threads for a game, an OT for general discussion, tips, help on a game and then an online group making thread. Right now that's what I try to stick to although, I am leaning towards a third thread a beta thread since alot of games these days have betas. Once the game goes live though, the beta thread would be closed and an OT will be started.

@darkswabber For right now we have this ongoing thread. https://www.pushsquare.com/forums/ps4/your_latest_platinum1?st...

Yeah its in the PS4 section but in can cover PS3 and Vita too.

My Backlog

SiameseHappyDays

Can you guys Implement a rating system where we can rate how people did on writing articles on certain topics. It would remove the need of other users telling the author of the article that is was bad or it was trolls or keep proclaiming it is click bait and also a feedback form for the site would be appreciated along with this system. :3

SiameseHappyDays

Quintumply

@SiameseHappyDays: To me that just sounds like an excuse for people to troll and be abusive towards members of staff. If you give people a tool to rate us on our writing, well... That's just asking for trouble.

The new nintendolife site allows you to 'Like' an article, which provides them with feedback as to how many readers like what they've read. I think this is a far nicer approach that won't encourage griefing or unnecessary nastiness.

Also, there is a feedback form!

https://www.pushsquare.com/contact

Quintumply

PSN: Quintumply | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic